Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
iCE3 GT Modem
The iCE³ GT has been designed as a cost effective, low power, self-contained unit to provide IP connectivity to a wide range of equipment. Typical devices that the iCE³ GT can be used to interface with include dataloggers, PLCs etc. The compact, intelligent circuit extender manages on-demand or scheduled connections on both public/dynamic or private/static IP networks.
Based on proven communication technology of its predecessors the iCE³ GT modem is offered as a TCP device to facilitate transmission of data to HydroTel from HyQuest Solutions’ iRIS dataloggers (native communication occurs between HydroTel and the iRIS datalogger) and third party dataloggers fitted with an RS232 port.
The iCE³ GT can be used in a number of applications, including
- Wireless IP telemetry and circuit extension to HyQuest devices and third party devices
- Migration of legacy dialup telemetry networks to more cost-effective wireless IP communications over 3G: By simply replacing existing dialup modems with an iCE³ GT, you can have virtually any logger type telemetered over the 3G network. (Customised communication driver development perhaps will be required to support HydroTel connectivity of 3rd party dataloggers.)
- Standalone modem solution for wireless m2m applications based on the Telit GTHE910- NAD HSPA core engine
- Wireless Internet (IP) Connectivity via the on-board modem to a wide range of HyQuest devices and third party equipment
- SMA antenna connector for a small stubby antenna (optional accessory) or alternatively, a coaxial cable to a higher gain external antenna for use in areas where signal strength is low
- User interface: HyQuest Solutions’ easyto-use iLink software (supports setting the device real time clock, administering software upgrades and configuring communications, addressing and schedule)
- Low cost IP connectivity (via dynamic IP addressing) to any device supported by HydroTel™. This can be achieved by a simple Internet connection via a local service provider. The host device does not need any special intelligence of its own.
- Data Acquisition: The iCE³ GT initiates a ‘go online’ once it detects an alarm from an (iRIS) datalogger. Data is then downloaded to HydroTel and the alarm is processed and actioned.
- Power supply: DC power lead
- Supply voltage range 6 - 55 V DC, with a nominal voltage of 12 V DC
- Integrated SIM card-holder
- Integrated RS232 port
- RS232 interface used for configuring iCE³ GT with iLink software and connecting the iCE³ GT to the datalogger
- To facilitate wireless IP connectivity, a suitably activated SIM card must be installed in the device. The iCE³ GT communicates over the wireless network using TCP/IP protocol via a single data port. The device supports ASCII and binary communication to a wide range of HyQuest Solutions and third party equipment.
- Internet friendly with integrated TCP/IP stack
- Fully backwards compatible with GSM/ GPRS networks through accomplished quad-band radios
- 2 x LED lights for status indication
- SMA Connector for Antenna
- Please note: The iCE³ GT supports dynamic IP address mode only. This requires that HydroTel™ is installed at the remote (base) location.
- Models (depending on country of installation):
- iCE³ GT – EUD: Europe, NZ, Australia
- iCE³ GT – NAD: US
- Environmental specifications
- Dimensions: 83 x 64 x 33 mm (3.27 x 2.52 x 1.3 ”)
- Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz)
- Case material: Aluminum
- Temperature range:
- Operational: -30 °C to +70 °C (-22 °F to +158 °F)
- Storage: -40 °C to +85 °C (-40 °F to+185 °F)
- Humidity: 5 % - 85 %
- CE, FCC, CA, PTCRB, AT&T, Rogers,
- T-Mobile (depending on model)
- RoHS compliant
Specifications are subject to change at any time without notice.