Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
Portable Field Calibration Devices (FCDs)
The Field Calibration Device (FCD) effectively enables field technicians to calibrate any given rain gauge thereby saving time and money. The advantage of using a Field Calibration Device is that the Tipping Bucket Rain gauges can remain fixed in their location and are therefore only out of service for a very short period of time.
A pre-set volume of water will discharge through the Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge. This process is to be repeated a second time for an accurate calibration check. The number of tips can be manually counted or stored on the data logger for calibration check evidence and then checked with ‘‘Calibration Specifications’’ to confirm that the results come within the acceptable range.
- Compact & Portable
- Corrosion Resistant (stainless steel & UV stabilised PVC)
- User Friendly
- Optional extra nozzles with different nozzle rates
- Checks your Rain gauge in the field for accuracy
- Calibrated to a set volume:
- FCD-314 = 314 mls
- FCD-653 = 653 mls
- FCD-730 = 730 mls
- Body : Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) & Perspex
- Nozzle: Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) & Brass
- Vent: Stainless Steel
- Adaptor: Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) & Stainless Steel
- Model FCD-314: 314mls (Used with TB3, TB4 & TB6)
- Model FCD-653: 653mls (Used with TB3, TB4 & TB6)
- Model FCD-730: 730mls (Used with HS-305 only)
- Nozzle: The FCD comes with one nozzle rate only as per customer specification (100mm/hr, 200 mm/hr or 300 mm/hr). More than one nozzle can be supplied as optional.
- Carry Case: Robust aluminium carry case, with heavy duty foam.
- Dimensions in case: (400 x 250 x 95)mm
- Packed Weight: FCD-314 = 1.8 Kgs, FCD-653 = 2.4Kgs, FCD-730 = 2.6 Kgs