Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
Model TB3 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The HyQuest Solutions Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge is recognized as the world standard for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations. Based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology specifications, the gauge offers an integrated syphon mechanism which delivers high levels of accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
The gauge consists of a collector funnel with leaf filter with an outer enclosure complete with quick release fasteners with the base housing the tipping bucket mechanism. The unit includes a dual output 24V DC reed
switch with varistor protection as well as dual rainfall discharge outlets for water collection and/or analysis.
- 200 mm diameter catch
- Accuracy not affected by rainfall intensity
- Long-term stable calibration
- Built for harsh environmental conditions
- Compatible data loggers: HS iRIS 350FX, HS ice³GT and third-party data loggers
- Robustness and longevity through use of best materials
- Minimal maintenance effort
- Classical Meteorology and Climatology
- Hydrological and Air Quality Monitoring Stations
- Road Traffic Infrastructure
- Environmental Monitoring
- Water Treatment Plants
- Dams and Reservoirs
- Airports and Airfields
- Water Resources Management
Autonomous System: RainTrak TB3
- Turnkey operation
- Battery operated with solar panel
- Embedded data modem with logger functionality
- Periodic or event triggered data transmission
- Wireless communication, antenna included
Ask for details!
- Resolution: 0.1 mm, 0.2 mm, 0.5 mm, 1.0 mm, 0.01 inch
- O-250 mm per hour; +/-2 %
- 250-500 mm per hour; +/-3 %
- Range: 700 mm per hour
- Enclosure and Base: Anodised and powdercoated aluminium
- Pivots: Round sapphire pivots with hard stainless steel shaft
- Bucket Material: Available in painted brass or chrome plated ABS
- Dimensions: 330 mm (H)
- Mass: 3.3 kg
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 °C to +7O °C
- Humidity: O - 100 %
Pole Mount Bracket: Pole mount bracket with stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers to suit TB3, TB4 or TB6 Model Tipping Bucket Rain gauge base. Suits 50 mm NB galvanised pipe with 2” BSP thread.
Portable Field Calibration Device (FCD): The FCD effectively enables field technicians to run functional tests and calibrations of any given rain gauge in the field avoiding dismantling of TBRG’s, reducing TBRG downtime and thereby saving time and money.
Heater TB3H: A thermostatically controlled heating element raising the temperature of the interior of the rain gauge, funnel and catch to avoid the freezing of the gauge in cold climates with subsequent loss of precipitation records. (“on” when the ambient temperature drops below +4 °C; “off” below -20 °C or above +5 °C)
Bird Guard: The bird guard prevents wild or feral birds from perching or roosting and thus increases accuracy by stopping bird faeces from dropping inside the gauge funnel.
Pulse Counter CMCbt: The CMCbt is a Bluetooth Pulse Counter that provides an interface between the TBRG’s Reed Switch output and the FCD-App calibration software used in conjunction with HyQuest Solutions’ Field Calibration Device FCD.
HyQuest Solutions Europe provides a complete solution for a rainfall station which can be summarised as follows:
- “All In One” Rainfall monitoring system
- A wide range of Rain Gauges to suit all needs
- A wide range of Data Loggers to suit different applications
- Remote communication using GPRS, Next G modems or satellite communication
- Solar panel and deep cycle battery
- Easily deployed on new or existing 2 inch BSP pipe
- Custom designed for harsh environments. (Heat shielding available on request)