Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
Model TB300 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The TB300 1mm or 0.5mm Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge is especially well suited for use in arid areas with seasonal strong rainfalls. The 1mm version can be equipped with a heater. The HyQuest Solutions Tipping Bucket Rain gauge Model TB300 is recognised as the world standard for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations.
Each unit consists of a collector funnel with leaf filter, an integrated syphon control mechanism, an outer enclosure with quick release fasteners, and base which houses the tipping bucket mechanism.
The unit includes dual output reed switches with varistor protection as well as dual rainfall discharge outlets for water collection and/or analysis.
- Accuracy not affected by rainfall intensity
- Bucket sizes: 1mm, 0,5mm
- Long term stable calibration
- Leaf filter resists blocking
- Optional internal Data Logger, with no external power requirement
- In-built discharge outlets at base for water collection and analysis
- Dual output signal for data collection and transmission
- Receiver: 300 mm ±0.8 diameter heavy duty cast aluminum, Powder coated.
- Bucket capacity:1.0 mm of rainfall.
- Sensitivity: one tip.
- Maximum intensity: 700 mm/hr.
- Calibration accuracy:
- 0-250 mm/hr ±2%
- 250-500 mm/hr ±3%
- Humidity: 0 to 100 %
- Temperature: - 20 to +700C
- Contact system:
- dual reed switches potted in soft silicon rubber with varistor protection.
- Max Capacity:24 Volts (0.5 amp)
- Resistance: Initial contact resistance 0.1 OHMS
- M.T.B.F: 108 to 109 Operations
- Syphon: straight through mechanism
- Bucket: 1MM, bucket assembly balanced to ±0.1 gms.
- Level:bulls eye level adhered to aluminum base.
- Mounting holes: three 10 x 20 mm slotted holes with 234 to 254 PCD cast in feet attached to outside diameter of base.
- Pivots: ground nickel silver pivots with hard stainless steel shaft.