Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
Model TB6 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
HyQuest Solutions’ TB6 is a non-syphoning high-quality tipping bucket rain gauge for measuring rainfall and precipitation in urban and rural locations. The TB6 is the device of choice for accurately measuring low rainfall events (0-50 mm/hr with better than +/-1 % accuracy), because the water passes through the nozzle and enters the bucket directly allowing small rainfall events to be measured.
The TB6’s tried and proven design ensures long-term, accurate and repeatable results. It is manufactured from high quality, durable materials ensuring long term stability in the harshest of environments. It consists of a robust powder-coated aluminium enclosure, a UV-stable ASA polymer base, and stainless steel fasteners and finger filter.
Removal of the outer enclosure and access to the tipping bucket mechanism and finger filter assembly is made easy with quick release fasteners. The finger filter can be removed easily during a field service. It ensures the collector catch area remains unblocked when leaves, bird droppings and other debris find their way into the catch. The TB6’s base incorporates two water
outlets at the bottom allowing for water collection and data verification.
TB6 includes a dual output 24 V DC reed switch allowing for output redundancy or the addition of a second data logger. The second output could also be used for connecting HyQuest Solutions’
current meter counter CMCbt paired with the free FCD application that allow for easy and accurate field calibration even in noisy (urban) environments. The reed switch incorporates varistor protection against surges that may be induced on long, inappropriately shielded signal cables.
- Standard 200 mm diameter catch
- Long term stable calibration
- Minimal maintenance required
- Robust design for all environments
- Optional: autonomous real-time rain monitoring and reporting system RainTrak Undercover with in-built telemetry and logging (see flip side)
Alternative Models TB3 and TB4
Industry-grade HS tipping buckets TB3 and TB4 are equipped with an integrated syphon mechanism which delivers high levels of accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
- Resolution; the following resolutions are available:
- 0.2 mm, 0.5 mm and 0.01 inches
- 50 mm per hour ; better than +/-1%
- 100 mm per hour ; better than -3%
- 200 mm per hour ; better than -7%
- 300 mm per hour: better than -10 %
- Optional factory calibration: Accuracies for higher rainfall intensities can be improved upon request at time of order.
- Enclosure: powder-coated aluminium
- Base: UV-resistant ABS
- Bucket: chrome plated ABS
- Stainless steel rolling bearings on stainless spring steel axle
- Height & Mass
- 330 mm, 2.1 kg
- Environmental Conditions
- Operating Temperature Range: +4 °C to +7O °C; Humidity: O - 100 %
Autonomous System RainTrak Undercover: TB6 can be used as a component of the RainTrak to provide a reliable and autonomous real-time rain monitoring and reporting system. Features: turnkey operation, battery operated with solar panel, integrated undercover IP-capable data logger, periodic or event-driven data communication, wireless communication, incl. antenna, custom designed for harsh environments.
Bird Guard: The bird guard prevents wild or feral birds from perching or roosting and thus increases accuracy by stopping bird faeces from dropping inside the gauge funnel
iRIS dataloggers and data modems:
- Robust housing
- IP over one or two
channels of your
choice: xG / GPRS,
- I/O: analog, digital, SDI-12, Modbus
- iLink software
- Telemetry or cloud app
Pole Mount Bracket: Pole mount bracket with stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers to suit TB3, TB4 or TB6 model tipping bucket rain gauge base. Suits 50 mm NB galvanised pipe with 2” BSP thread
Portable Field Calibration Device (FCD): The FCD effectively enables field technicians to run functional tests and calibrations of any given rain gauge in the field avoiding dismantling of TBRG’s, reducing TBRG downtime and thereby saving time and money.
Pulse Counter CMCbt: The CMCbt is a bluetooth pulse counter that provides an interface between the TBRG’s reed switch output and the FCD-App calibration software used in conjunction with HyQuest Solutions’ Field Calibration Device FCD.
HyQuest Solutions Europe provides a complete solution for a rainfall station which can be summarised as follows:
- “All In One” Rainfall monitoring system
- A wide range of Rain Gauges to suit all needs
- A wide range of Data Loggers to suit different applications
- Remote communication using GPRS, Next G modems or satellite communication
- Solar panel and deep cycle battery
- Easily deployed on new or existing 2 inch BSP pipe
- Custom designed for harsh environments. (Heat shielding available on request)