Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
Current Meter Counter PVD200
HyQuest Solutions’ Point Velocity Display (PVD200) is a small electronic device that can be used to measure flow velocity from most any mechanically rotating current meter. It counts the revolutions of the fans, calculates the flow velocity of the water and shows it on its LCD display.
The PVD200 achieves greater accuracy of flow velocity measurement through signal cleaning: Incoming noisy signals from any contact closer are filtered and cleaned. The very clean, noise-free signals allow correct counting of the revolutions and thus the more accurate determination of the flow velocity. Please note: In our own current meters (OSS-B1 and OSS-PC1), HyQuest Solutions uses special reed switches, which produce a very strong and clean signal per revolution (contact closure).
For discharge calculation, the PVD200 can be connected to a HydroTab tablet or other external computer. Data is transferred via a serial interface from the PVD200 to the external device.
To measure and compute velocity, the PVD200 provides a serial command line interface which is used to enter the rating of the current meter. It supports up to two meters with each meter having up to three rating equations with three rotations/sec ranges.
- Direct Velocity Reading
- Digitally processes and ‘cleans’ signals from Catwhisker and Magnetic Head Meters
- Operates with three ‘AA’ batteries
- Works in high conductivity water( > 50,000μSiemens), too
- Self contained unit with 128 x 64 backlit LCD display showing total meter counts and elapsed time
- Bluetooth Interface
- Also operates with any HydroTab table or mobile field computer
- Fully compatible with USGS QCALC Discharge Measurement Software
- Fully self calibrating
- Can be used to adjust Current Meter contacts (measures meter ‘Dwell Angle’)
- Can display and produce ‘Spin Test’ record
- When used with the GFD (Ground Feeler Device) an audible beep is produced to alert the hydrographer when the Columbus weight makes contact with the stream bed
- Available as neck or Top Set Rod mounted options