Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
OSSB1 Universal Current Meter
The OSS-B1 universal current meter is a field-proven instrument for measuring the velocity of water in open and closed channels. It is used for point measurements of fl ow velocities on the water surface or in vertical profi les down to the riverbed at flow speeds of 0.025 m/s to 10 m/s.
The OSS-B1 is made from durable corrosion-resistant stainless steel and it is suitable for use in the most extreme environments. It has been designed for lifetime trouble-free operation under normal use and when properly maintained.
The OSS-B1 can be operated
- using a wading rod
- from a boat using a single drum gauging winch/winch board
- from a bridge using a single drum gauging winch/winch board or a bridge crane
- on a cableway attached to a towing device (with suitable gauging weight)
HyQuest Solutions’ current meters are modular systems: You can tailor the perfect solution for your application with a choice of several fans, rods, accessories, etc. The full range of equipment needed for successful stream gauging is available from HyQuest Solutions.
Please contact us for advice!
The OSS-B1 is especially suitable for
- Water Velocity Measurements
- Stream Gauging
- Discharge Measurement
Thanks to its low start velocity of only 0.025 m/s, the OSS-B1 shows correct results even in very slowly flowing channels.
- Body: polished stainless steel
- Fans: polished stainless steel, easily grinded, re-polished and balanced
- Precise and reliable measurements:
Encapsulated magnetic reed switch ensuring reliability and a ‘clean’ contact signal
- Direct results:
Velocity displayed directly with HyQuest Solutions’ counters CMCsp, PVD100 or PVD200, or with the paperless stream gauging tablet application HydroTab/CMCbt
- Easy deployment on standard wading rods (supplied with standard kit), bank operated winches and traversing systems
Alternative Model for Deeper Waters
The HyQuest Solutions universal current meter OSS-B1 is used for point measurements of flow velocities on the water surface or in vertical profiles down to the riverbed at flow speeds of 0.025 m/s to 10 m/s. Deployment: mounted on wading rod, from a bridge/boat using winches and outriggers, or on cableways.
- Accuracy: +/- 1%
- Each current meter individually calibrated in HyQuest Solutions’ calibration tank
- Compliant with ISO 3455:1976 and ISO 2537:1988
- Calibration certificate delivered with each current meter
- Fan / Propeller Specifications (The choice of fan/propeller depends on the specifics of the site such as discharge and the geometry of the riverbed or channel. Please contact us for advice.)
|Fan No.||Diam. x Pitch||Start Velocity(m/sec)||Maximum Velocity (m/sec)||Component Effect|
|1||50 mm x 0.05 m||0.025||2||+/-30 °|
|3||50 mm x 0.25 m||0.034||6||+/-10 °|
|5||30 mm x 0.05 m||0.040||2||+/-20 °|
- Scope of Delivery (basic kit):
- Propeller types 1 and 3 (additional propellors available, see table above)
- 2,5 m connecting lead, tools, oil, spare bearings, spare reed switch assembly
- Rod: 1.5 m (3 x 0.5 m), 20 mm diameter, in canvas carry bag, with point and base plate
- Carry case (durable waterproof pelican case)
- Packed Dimensions & Mass: Kit in carry case: 500 x 400 x 200 mm; 6 kg
Current Meter Counters (various models): Features: waterproof enclosures, simple button controlled menus, embedded LCDs and beepers to make counts audible. Pre-set or manually stopped sampling period. Improved accuracy due to signal conditioning. Bluetooth interfaces for use with HydroTab Stream Gauging Computer available.
Gauging Weights (Columbus and Nose Mounted Ground Feeler models): Protects current meter against heavy debris damage, streamlined shape reduces resistance to flowing water.
HydroTab Stream Gauging Computer: Assembly of HydroTab software and a tablet suitable for harsh and wet environments. Used for direct water velocity measurements, or collecting, calculating, displaying and emailing full river gauging data.
Bridge, Boat & Cableway - Deployment and Positioning Tools: Optional deployment tools for current meters: manual winches, winch boards, 4 and 3 wheel bridge cranes, cableways, various towing systems, gauging weights, etc.
Please ask for details!