Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
HyQuest Solutions’ Redback is a cup-type current meter for the measurement of water ﬂow in open and closed waters to a ﬁne degree of accuracy and repeatability. This is due to its advanced contact switching system and interchangeable bucket system that provides trouble free operation.
The Redback is made to be used in the most extreme environments and ensures reliable field service for many years.
The current meter is supplied in a user-friendly kit, allowing the operator to measure water ﬂow using a simple traditional method.
The advanced contact switching system of the Redback allows the measurement of water ﬂow in streams, open canals, pipes, and seas to a ﬁne degree of accuracy and repeatability.
- Robust construction
- Interchangeable buckets in case of damage
- High accuracy (+/-1 %)
- Advanced contact switching system
- Minimum starting velocity 0.025 m/s
- Maximum velocity 8.0 m/s
- Durable tungsten tip pivot and bearing assembly for long lasting replicated motion
- Velocity displayed directly with HyQuest Solutions’ counters CMC20A, CMCSp, PVD100, PVD200 or HTB01/ CMCbt HydroTab Stream Gauging Computer (see ﬂipside)
- Cast brass body, nickel plated
- 6 durable glass ﬁlled nylon buckets
- Stainless steel bucket wheel frame
- Stainless steel pivot with tungsten carbide tip
Operating Velocity Range
- 0.025 m/sec to 8 m/sec
- Encapsulated reed switch
- Voltage free digital signal
- 1 full revolution of bucket assembly produces one pulse
- Converted to direct velocity reading when used in conjunction with HyQuest Solutions’ PVD100, CMCsp or PVD200 (see below)
- +/-1 %
Calibration and Calibration Method
- Meter supplied with batch calibration certiﬁcate
- Individual meter calibration available on request (additional costs):
- Calibration in accordance with AS3778.6.3/ISO 3455 standard
- Up to 3 line ﬁt - Supplied with calibration and a rating table
- Calibrated over full velocity range
- Heavy duty case with durable moulded foam
Basic Kit (scope of delivery)
- Bucket meter, screw driver, 2.5 m connecting lead, calibration certiﬁcate and table, 30 ml of current meter oil
Dimensions and Mass
- 500 x 390 x 190 mm; 5 k
Current Meter Counters (various models):
Features: waterproof enclosures, simple button controlled menus, embedded LCDs and beepers to make counts audible. Improved accuracy due to signal conditioning. Bluetooth interfaces for use with HydroTab Stream Gauging Computer available.
Gauging Weights (Columbus model):
Protects current meter against heavy debris damage, streamlined shape reduces resistance to ﬂowing water.
HydroTab Stream Gauging Computer:
Assembly of HydroTab software and a tablet suitable for harsh and wet environments. Used for direct water velocity measurements, or collecting, calculating, displaying and emailing full river gauging data.
HyQuest Solutions’ range of top setting wading rods were developed to simplify the task of carrying out
gauging in small streams. We are happy to provide help in choosing the proper rod depending on your application and Equipment.
Winches (WS250, WS400, WS500):
Hand-operated single drum winches capable of handling Colombus gauging weights up to 70 kg using the four wheel bridge crane 4WBC. The winches are designed for ease of operation in the ﬁeld: compact, portable, light-weight, and handled easily and safely by one person.
Please ask for Details