Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
SVS Non-Contact Surface Velocity Sensor
HyQuest Solutions’ SVS is a contact-free surface velocity sensor for open channels and rivers. The sensor uses innovative radar technology and enables reliable, non-contact measurement without the need for structural work in the water.
With its very low power consumption, its high reliability and low maintenance SVS enables the permanent recording of the ﬂow velocity of open channels for long periods of time. It is the ideal sensor for 24/7 monitoring surface water velocity especially in unattended areas. Because contact-free water velocity measurements are unaffected by sediments, mud and ﬂoating refuse, the SVS provides accurate results even in ﬂooding situations.
SVS is easily mounted on bridges, ceilings of closed channels or any superstructures of the channel. Depending on the condition of the water surface, the device can be installed in a height of 0.5 to 130 m.
The SVS transmits a a radar signal to the water surface (at a 60° angle) and receives the reﬂected signal. By analyzing and comparing both signals the water surface velocity can be derived (principle of Doppler frequency shift). To provide reliable data, a minimum wave height of at least 3 mm is required.
Setting and conﬁguration of the SVS can be easily and conveniently done on a PC or laptop via standard terminal programs
- Surface Water Velocity Measurement
- Natural Open Waters
- Open Channels
- Water Flow
- Non-contact, maintenance-free
- No structural constructions in the water needed
- Simple integration into existing system
- Remains operational in ﬂooding situations
- Low power, optionally solar powered
- Detection of ﬂow direction
- Measurement range from +/- 0.10 to +/- 15 m/s (depending on ﬂow conditions)
- Near blanking zone 0.5 m
- Set measurement frequency or external trigger
- Independent of environmental inﬂuences
|Dimensions and Weight||241 x 246 x 154 mm, 2.7 kg|
|Material||Aluminum housing, powder coated|
|Protection Class||IP 67|
|Automatic Vertical Angle Compensation||Accuracy +/- 1°, resolution +/- 0.1°|
Radar sensor connecting cable:
LiYCY, 12 x 0.25 mm² , all solder joints protected with shrink tubing, shielded cable with tinned copper braiding, PVC outer sheath, conﬁgured and tested.
iRIS dataloggers and data modems:
- Robust housing
- IP over one or two channels of your choice: 4G with 3G fallback / GPRS, satellite, IoT
- I/O: analog, digital, SDI-12, Modbus
- iLink software
- Telemetry or cloud app
Please ask for details