iCE3 GT 4G - IP-capable 4G Modem
The iCE³ GT 4G has been designed as a cost effective, low power, self-contained unit to provide IP connectivity to a wide range of equipment. Typical devices that the iCE³ GT 4G can be used to interface with include dataloggers, PLCs, etc. The compact,…
|Connectivity||To facilitate wireless IP connectivity, a suitably activated SIM card must be installed in the device (SIM card-holder integrated). The iCE³ GT 4G communicates over the wireless network using TCP/IP protocol via a single data port. The device supports ASCII and binary communication to a wide range of HyQuest Solutions and third party equipment.
Please note: The iCE³ GT 4G supports dynamic IP address mode only. This requires that HydroTel™ is installed at the remote (base) location.
|Internet||Internet friendly with integrated TCP/IP stack|
|LED lights||2 x LED lights for status indication|
|Antenna||SMA Connector for Antenna|
|Models||The iCE3 GT 4G uses the Telit family of modems and is offered in various models:
The iCE³ GT 4G has been designed as a cost effective, low power, self-contained unit to provide IP connectivity to a wide range of equipment. Typical devices that the iCE³ GT 4G can be used to interface with include dataloggers, PLCs, etc. The compact, intelligent circuit extender manages on-demand or scheduled connections on both public/dynamic or private/static IP networks.
Based on proven communication technology of its predecessors the iCE³ GT 4G modem is offered as a TCP device to facilitate transmission of data to HydroTel from HyQuest Solutions’ iRIS dataloggers and third party dataloggers fitted with an RS232 port. Native communication occurs between HydroTel and HyQuest Solutions’ iRIS dataloggers. For third party dataloggers an appropriate HydroTel communication driver is required.
Please note: With the pending closure of 3G cellular networks the iCE3 GT 4G modem will extend the useable life of HyQuest Solutions’ data loggers iRIS 150FX and iRIS 350FX 3G. It can be interfaced easily into the datalogger’s RS232 port.
- Standalone modem solution for wireless m2m applications based on the Telit 4G family of modems
- Wireless Internet (IP) Connectivity via the on-board modem to a wide range of HyQuest devices and third party equipment
- SMA antenna connector for a small stubby antenna (optional accessory) or alternatively, a coaxial cable to a higher gain external antenna for use in areas where signal strength is low
- User interface: HyQuest Solutions’ easy-to-use iLink software (supports setting the device real time clock, administering software upgrades and configuring communications, addressing and schedule)
- Low cost IP connectivity (via dynamic IP addressing) to any device supported by HydroTel™. This can be achieved by a simple Internet connection via a local service provider. The host device does not need any special intelligence of its own.
- Data Acquisition: The iCE³ GT 4G initiates a ‘go online’ once it detects an alarm from an (iRIS) datalogger. Data is then downloaded to HydroTel and the alarm is processed and actioned.
- The iCE³ GT 4G can be used in a number of applications, including Wireless IP telemetry and circuit extension to HyQuest devices and third party devices
- Migration of legacy dialup telemetry networks to more cost-effective wireless IP communications over 4G: By simply replacing existing dialup modems with an iCE³ GT, you can have virtually any logger type telemetered over the 4G network. (Customized communication driver development perhaps will be required to support HydroTel connectivity of 3rd party dataloggers.)