LVQ-15 / LVQ-35 Non-Contact Discharge Radar Sensor
HyQuest Solutions’ LVQ-15 and LVQ-35 are sensors for continuous discharge measurement of rivers, open channels and canals with known cross-section proﬁle. The sensors use innovative radar technology to measure velocity, water level and discharge. They enable…
|Dimensions and Weight||338 mm x 333 mm x 154 mm, 5.4 kg|
|Protection Class||IP 67|
|Water Level Measurement||
|Automatic vertical angle compensation||
Accuracy +/- 1°, resolution +/- 0.1°
HyQuest Solutions’ LVQ-15 and LVQ-35 are sensors for continuous discharge measurement of rivers, open channels and canals with known cross-section proﬁle. The sensors use innovative radar technology to measure velocity, water level and discharge. They enable reliable, non-contact measurement without the need for structural work in the water.
Thanks to the non-contact radar technology the LVQ is not susceptible to contamination, debris or driftwood in the water. Furthermore, the non-contact measurement ensures very low maintenance and fail-safe operation especially during high water or ﬂooding.
The LVQ can be simply mounted on bridges, on the roofs of closed canals or channel superstructures. Depending on the properties of the water surface the device can be installed in a height of 0.5 to 35 m. LVQ is available in two versions:
- LVQ-15: water levels from 0 to 15 meters
- LVQ-35: water levels from 0 to 35 meters
The measurable velocity range is between 0.10 and 15 m/s. Additionally the direction of ﬂow is detected, enabling the operation in tide inﬂuenced rivers.
The non-contact radar technology determines the water surface ﬂow velocity using the Doppler frequency shift method and furthermore the water level is established by a travel time measurement. With known cross section proﬁle the discharge Q of the water is calculated.
- Non-contact, maintenance-free measurement system
- No structural work in the water needed
- Fully operating even in ﬂood water situations
- Low power consumption enables operation using solar cells
- Detection of ﬂow direction
- Velocity range of 0.1 to 15 m/s (depending on the ﬂow conditions)
- Recognition of hysteresis effects
- Measures in backwater situations
- Automatic installation angle correction
- Optional: analog outputs 4 to 20 mA
LVQ enables discharge measurement for rivers, streams, open channels and canals for which continuous monitoring is desired. The bed of the water should be as stable as possible in order to warrant consistent measurement. A visible swell must be evident on the water surface.