PVD200 Current Meter Counter
HyQuest Solutions’ Point Velocity Display PVD200 is a small electronic device for measuring ﬂow velocity from almost any mechanically rotating current meter. It shows the velocity on its LCD directly in m/sec or ft/sec. PVD200 detects signal shorts automatically…
HyQuest Solutions’ Point Velocity Display PVD200 is a small electronic device for measuring ﬂow velocity from almost any mechanically rotating current meter. It shows the velocity on its LCD directly in m/sec or ft/sec. PVD200 detects signal shorts automatically and alerts the operator who may decide on repeating the measurement. The device supports up to six current meters, each with three equations.
PVD200 is self-contained and does not need to be connected to an external device. The visual indicators, LCD and internal buzzer can be used to make conventional current meter measurements and to compute water velocity. Above that PVD200 can transmit serial data using a wireless bluetooth interface to an external tablet for discharge calculation, etc.
PVD200 is very easy to use and yet versatile enough to offer selections to operate in a wide variety of scenarios and ﬁeld settings. The equations of the current meters can be entered easily via two pushbuttons and a backlit graphic LCD. The slow-speed mode supports extremely slow rotating current meters.
Very accurate measurements by cleaning signals and avoiding noise PVD200 ﬁ lters and cleans incoming noisy signals from any contact closer, e.g. catwhisker and magnetic head meters. The very clean, noise-free signals allow correct counting of the revolutions and thus the more accurate determination of the ﬂow velocity.
- Works in high conductivity water (>50,000 µSiemens), too
- Robust waterproof enclosure
- Available as neck or top set rod mounted
- Operates with HydroTab tablet and ﬁeld computers
- Fully compatible with USGS QCALC Discharge Measurement Software
- Fully self-calibrating
- Can be used to adjust current meter contacts (measures meter ‘dwell angle’)
- Can display/produce ‘spin test’ record
- When used with HyQuest Solutions’ GFD (Ground Feeler Device): Audible beep by PVD200 when the Columbus weight makes contact with the stream bed
|Velocity Precision||0.001 m/sec or 0.01 ft/sec|
|Timing Accuracy||+/-0.1 s|
|Operating Conditions:||-5 °C to +50 °C, non condensing, IP66+, temporary immersion|
|Bluetooth®||Class 2, output power 2.5 mW (4 dBm), compliant Bluetooth® V1.1 (operating at 2.4 GHz)|
|Communications||RS232 Port (Tx, Rx) @ 19200 baud 8/N/1 (for reload of new ﬁrmware only)|
|Connections||2 x Banana plug sockets (meter input)|
|Dimensions & Mass||140 x 80 x 50 mm (L x W x D), 400 g (with batteries)|
- Water velocity and water ﬂow measurements with current meters in small and big water courses and open channels
- Using counts as input data for discharge calculation
- Digital processing and cleaning of signals from catwhisker and magnetic head meters
- Counting contacts closures or electronic switched pulses