Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
Under Ice Rod
HyQuest Solutions’ Under Ice Rod is the ideal device for measuring discharge of streams under ice.
It is a universal tool that has been designed specifically for deployment of various brands of ADCPs and mechanical meters. It provides the client with a unique set of adaptors to suit all make and models of ADCP and current meters used for this application. Simply put your ADCP or meter on the appropriate adapter and start the measurement under ice.
The Under Ice Rod can also be used as an orientation tool which tells the client the device is pointing directly into the flow. It has been developed in close partnership with Water Survey Canada hydrographers. Thus, it meets the users’ requirements on a very high level.
- Light weight
- Easy to use
- Maintenance free
- Robust, non-corrosive construction
- Rod orientation tool (standard component)
- Adaptors available for wide range of ADCPs and mechanical current meters (provided in robust carry case)
- Rods provided in canvas carry bag
- Extruded corrosive resistance lightweight aluminium
- 2 m length (four sections of 0.5 m each), extra length available on request
- Stainless steel joining pin to connect rods
- Stainless steel retaining screws to lock rods in position
- Water proof vinyl labels with high-quality branded graduated tape
- In black every 20 mm (one line)
- In yellow every 100 mm (two lines)
- In yellow & black every 500 mm (two yellow lines & middle line in black)
- In red every 1000 mm (three red lines)
Specifications are subject to change at any time without notice
Scope of delivery
- Rod (four sections) in canvas carry bag
- Adapters in robust carry case
- Not included: ADCPs or mechanical devices