FCD Portable Field Calibration Device
HyQuest Solutions’ Field Calibration Device FCD checks rain gauges in the ﬁeld for accuracy. The portable lightweight device effectively enables ﬁeld technicians to run functional tests and veriﬁcations of any rain gauge in the ﬁeld. The use of FCD saves time… Read more
50 mm/hr, 100 mm/hr, 200 mm/hr or 300 mm/hr
|Carry Case||Robust aluminium carry case, with heavy duty foam|
|Dimensions in Case||
400 x 250 x 95 mm
|Packed Weight and Size||
|Scope of Delivery||
HyQuest Solutions’ Field Calibration Device FCD checks rain gauges in the ﬁeld for accuracy. The portable lightweight device effectively enables ﬁeld technicians to run functional tests and veriﬁcations of any rain gauge in the ﬁeld. The use of FCD saves time and money, because the tipping bucket rain gauges can remain ﬁxed in their location without the need for dismantling and transport and with very short downtimes for calibration only.
FCD checks whether a rain gauge is providing accurate readings: It discharges a certain volume of water into the rain gauge collector. Then, the number of tips has to be counted and checked with the calibration speciﬁcations (included). The tips generated when emptying the FCD water volume can be counted
- manually by listening for the tips,
- by a data logger, and
- most accurate and comfortable: by means of connecting the CMCbt BlueTooth converter (optional) and using the FCD-App (free download) on an Android mobile device
Please note: Data loggers, FCD-App and further useful accessories are available from HyQuest Solutions.
TB340A: Lab Calibration Device for Tipping Bucket Rain Gauges
HyQuest Solutions’ TB340A utilizes load cell technology in order to dispense water by mass for increased repeatability. It is integrated with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and can calibrate up to two tipping bucket rain gauges at a time.
- Compact, light-weight, portable, packed in a robust aluminium carry case
- Corrosion-resistant (made of stainless steel, nickle silver and UV stabilized delrin)
- No maintenance required
- Design based on the HyQuest Solutions laboratory calibrator (conform to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) calibration procedure)
- Usable with 3rd party tipping bucket rain gauges with catchments of 200 mm or 203 mm diameter (model FCD-314 and FCD-653)
- Field Service
- Site Visits