LVQ-15 / LVQ-35 Non-Contact Discharge Radar Sensor
HyQuest Solutions’ LVQ-15 and LVQ-35 are sensors for continuous discharge measurement of rivers, open channels and canals with known cross-section profile. The sensors use innovative radar technology to measure velocity, water level and discharge. They enable re… Read more
|Protection Class||IP 67|
|Temperature and Humidity||
|Material||Housing material powder-coated aluminum, vandalism-proof (stainless steel option available)|
|Dimensions and Weight||
|Water Level Measurement||
|Automatic vertical angle compensation||Accuracy +/- 1°, resolution +/- 0.1°|
HyQuest Solutions’ LVQ-15 and LVQ-35 are sensors for continuous discharge measurement of rivers, open channels and canals with known cross-section profile. The sensors use innovative radar technology to measure velocity, water level and discharge. They enable reliable, non-contact measurement without the need for structural work in the water.
Thanks to the non-contact radar technology the LVQ is not susceptible to contamination, debris or driftwood in the water. Furthermore, the non-contact measurement ensures very low maintenance and fail-safe operation especially during high water or flooding.
The LVQ can be simply mounted on bridges, on the roofs of closed canals or channel superstructures. Depending on the properties of the water surface the device can be installed in a height of 0.5 to 35 m. LVQ is available in two versions:
- LVQ-15: water levels from 0 to 15 meters
- LVQ-35: water levels from 0 to 35 meters
The measurable velocity range is between 0.10 and 15 m/s. Additionally the direction of flow is detected, enabling the operation in tide influenced rivers.
The non-contact radar technology determines the water surface flow velocity using the Doppler frequency shift method and furthermore the water level is established by a travel time measurement. With known cross section profile the discharge Q of the water is calculated.
- Non-contact, maintenance-free measurement system; no structural work needed
- Fully operating even in flood water situations
- Low power consumption enables operation using solar cells
- Detection of flow direction
- Recognition of hysteresis effects
- Measures in backwater situations
- Automatic installation angle correction
- Automatic discharge calculation based on hydraulic model with multiple k-factors
- Sensor self check with status and error output
- 3-point velocity calibration certificate
- Water level and velocity sensor combined in one weather and vandalism proof housing
LVQ enables discharge measurement for rivers, streams, open channels and canals for which continuous monitoring is desired. The bed of the water should be as stable as possible in order to warrant consistent measurement. A visible swell must be evident on the water surface.
- Water storage management
- Flood detection
- Hydraulic engineering
- Water resource management
- Hydrological modelling and simulation