OSSB1 Universal Current Meter
The OSS-B1 universal current meter is a ﬁeld-proven instrument for measuring the velocity of water in open and closed channels. It is used for point measurements of ﬂow velocities on the water surface or in vertical proﬁles down to the riverbed at ﬂow speeds of…
|Fan / Propeller Speciﬁ cations (The choice of fan/propeller depends on the speciﬁcs of the site such as discharge and the geometry of the riverbed or channel. Please contact us for advice.)||
|Scope of Delivery (basic kit)||
|Packed Dimensions & Mass (basic kit)||
The OSS-B1 universal current meter is a ﬁeld-proven instrument for measuring the velocity of water in open and closed channels. It is used for point measurements of ﬂow velocities on the water surface or in vertical proﬁles down to the riverbed at ﬂow speeds of 0.025 m/s to 10 m/s.
The OSS-B1 is made from durable corrosion-resistant stainless steel and it is suitable for use in the most extreme environments. It has been designed for lifetime trouble-free operation under normal use and when properly maintained.
The OSS-B1 can be operated
- using a wading rod
- from a boat using a single drum gauging winch/winch board
- from a bridge using a single drum gauging winch/winch board or a bridge crane
- on a cableway attached to a towing device (with suitable gauging weight)
HyQuest Solutions’ current meters are modular systems: You can tailor the perfect solution for your application with a choice of several fans, rods, accessories, etc.
The full range of equipment needed for successful stream gauging is available from HyQuest Solutions. Please contact us for advice!
Alternative Model for Shallow Waters
The HyQuest Solutions miniature current meter OSS-PC1 is used for point measurement of ﬂow velocities in running waters (river riparian zone, brooks, and canals) with low water level.
- Body: polished stainless steel
- Fans: polished stainless steel, easily grinded, re-polished and balanced
- Precise and reliable measurements: Encapsulated magnetic reed switch ensuring reliability and a ‘clean’ contact signal
- Direct results: Velocity displayed directly with HyQuest Solutions’ counters CMCsp, PVD100 or PVD200, or with the paperless stream gauging tablet application HydroTab/CMCbt
- Easy deployment on standard wading rods (supplied with standard kit), bank operated winches and traversing systems
The OSS-B1 is especially suitable for
- Water Velocity Measurements
- Stream Gauging
- Discharge Measurement Thanks to its low start velocity of only 0.025 m/s, the OSS-B1 shows correct results even in very slowly ﬂowing channels.