Riverina Winch - Manual Double Drum Winch
HyQuest Solutions’ double drum traveller DDT1000 Riverina Winch is a hand-operated double drum winch capable of handling gauging weights up to 110 kg (242 lb). The design offers these advantages: It enables the operator to change from sounding mode to… Read more
|Load Capacity||Designed for weights up to 110 kg (242 lb)|
|Frame||Robust aluminium, powder coated, stainless steel shaft components, corrosion resist. fasteners|
|Scope of Delivery||DDT1000 Riverina Winch with:
|Dimensions and Mass||
HyQuest Solutions’ double drum traveller DDT1000 Riverina Winch is a hand-operated double drum winch capable of handling gauging weights up to 110 kg (242 lb). The design offers these advantages:
- It enables the operator to change from sounding mode to traversing mode very quickly by engaging the drive gears on each drum.
- The double drum concept eases traversing, as the forces exerted by the gauging weight are largely cancelled out.
The drum capacity on each (i.e. traversing and sounding drums) is 150 metres of cable.
The winch is designed for ease of operation and serviceability in the field and can be operated easily and safely by one person.
Special attention is paid to safety. An automatic Weston Brake locks the drum if the handle is released. This holds the load in any position to ensure safe and smooth operation. The unit is equipped with a breakaway kit rated @ 272 kg for the safety of the user during operation. Attention: Failure to use this device may cause severe injury or death.
The sounding drum is fitted with an amergraph cable. The special construction of this cable offers these advantages:
- It allows the suspension in the stream of the sensing device (e.g. current meter and large Columbus weight).
- It serves as a medium for transmission of current meter signals to a counting device attached to the winch.
The winch counters are protected within the frame and can be ordered to display either metric or imperial units.
Use with current meter
Some elaborate features support current metering. A silver-plated slip ring conducts the signal from the sounding drum to the current meter counter. The counter can be connected to terminals provided on the winch itself. The single layer of the amergraph signal cable on the drum prevents damage of the internal conductor and premature replacement.
- Type: double drum winch (single drum version available on request)
- Safety: Weston brake, breakaway kit (standard component)
- Adjustable manual drum handle
- Portable (allows for use on multiple sites with the reduced risk of vandalism)
- Counters housed within the frames, protected from external damage
The Riverina Winch is used for the deployment of mechanical current meters with gauging weights, sediment samplers and other suitable hydrometric equipment for
- Water Quality Analysis
- Stream Discharge Measurement
- Sediment Sampling