TB6/40 Tipping Bucket Flow Gauge
HyQuest Solutions’ tipping bucket flow gauge TB6/40 Series II is used for measuring water flow coming out of a pipe or a drain. The unit comes with a dual reed switch, thus, when connected to a HyQuest Solutions’ data logger flow data can be logged and collected… Read more
|Receiver||200 mm + 0.3 diameter heavy duty cast aluminium, powder coated for 1.0 mm|
|Bucket||Metal; capacity 40 mls of water flow|
|Calibration accuracy 1 mm bucket||Flow Rate
|Temperature and Humidity||
|Technology||Straight through (no syphon)|
|Base||Injection moulded non-hydroscopic ASA plastic, UV stabilised|
|Level||Bulls eye level fitted to base|
|Mounting Holes||3 slots 20 mm L x 10 mm W equi-spaced @ 244 mm PCD in feet moulded to outside diameter of base|
|Drain Fittings||To attach 12 mm inside diameter tubing, to catch rainfall after passing through buckets|
|Bucket Pivot System||Ground sapphire pivots with tough 316 g stainless steel shaft|
|Height and Weight||Standard: 330 mm, 2.2 kg|
|Packed Dimensions and Weight||Standard: 27 cm L x 27 cm W x 42 cm H (0.03m3), 5 kg|
HyQuest Solutions’ tipping bucket flow gauge TB6/40 Series II is used for measuring water flow coming out of a pipe or a drain. The unit comes with a dual reed switch, thus, when connected to a HyQuest Solutions’ data logger flow data can be logged and collected manually when required. In addition, the flow gauge can be telemetered by connecting to a ML-IoT device or to a 3G/4G data logger. The only routine maintenance required for the flow gauge is cleaning.
The TB6/40 flow gauge operates on the tipping bucket principle. A receiver of 200 mm diameter collects the water which is strained by a gauze filter before being passed to the tipping bucket measuring system. Tips of the bucket occur with each 40 millilitres of water collected. A reed switch detects these events and produces a momentary contact closure signal for connection to a data logger (e.g iRIS logger or IoT device).
A fully sealed dual reed switch assembly with varistor protection is provided for several reasons:
- Two isolated switches permit the control of two separate circuits; e.g. a local counter and a telemetry circuit.
- Parallel connection of both switches increases the current carrying capacity of the contact system if required.
- Parallel switch operation confers a degree of redundancy in locations where data from the flow gauge is critical to flood warning etc.
All gauges have been calibrated by HyQuest Solutions prior to despatch.
- Non-corrosive materials
- Suitable for harsh environments
- Accurate readings
- Fast and easy cleaning
- Low maintenance
- Outer enclosure keyed to enable the release of the outer enclosure without the need for the removal of the three securing screws
- Insect covers: In-built mesh in the base and stainless steel mesh on the enclosure covering all openings to prevent insects and ants entering gauge
The TB6/40 is suitable for all applications where water flow out of a pipe or similar outlet needs to be monitored. Typical situations may include:
- Monitoring at basin outlets of any kind of industrial water, grey water or storm water retention basins
- Sewer network injections into a collection basin
- Drain to or from a tailings dam
- Water discharge out of a treatment or intermittent storage basin
- Pump testing