Products & Services
One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customise and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
HydroTab Stream Gauging Computer
The stream gauging computer HydroTab is an assembly of HydroTab software and an Android tablet suitable for harsh and wet environments. It is used for direct water velocity measurements, or collecting, calculating, recording, displaying and emailing full river gauging data.
HydroTab is more than just a recording current meter counter: It is a gauging computer that estimates total stream discharge from direct point velocity readings and distance/depth measurements. Recorded data and calculated results can be emailed back to a central ofﬁce for further processing.
Utilising bluetooth technology, HydroTab communicates directly with HyQuest Solutions’ current meter counters CMCbt (see ﬂ ip side), CMCSp, PVD100, PVD200 and MagnaRod (CMC). Please see website and ask for details.
The HydroTab is the device of choice for
- Water velocity point measurements
- On-site total discharge calculation
- Waterproof and shockproof case (IP67)
- Touch screen with sunlight readable colour display
- Low power consumption (up to 11 hours of battery life)
- Choice of discharge calculation methods: mean section or mid section
- Setting manager for current meter/fan
- Metric and imperial units
- Graphic summary of stream gaugings: velocity per section and proﬁle, calculated values
- Calibration formulae for unlimited number of fans
- 1, 2 or 3 calibration functions per fan
- Up to 100 verticals per site and up to 11 velocity observations on each vertical
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Software upgrades available via HyQuest Solutions’ website
- Software available without tablet
- Battery: rechargeable 4.45 Ah
- Battery life: up to 11 hours
- Charger: mains and car charger
- Dimensions: 130 mm x 230 mm x 14 mm
- Weight: 500 g
- Waterproof case, rating IP67 (submersible to 1 m for 30 mins)
- Shockproof case: can withstand a drop of up to 1.2 m
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to +60 °C
- Humidity: 0-100 %
- Processor: min. quad core 1.2 GHz
- Storage: min. 16 GB RAM: min. 1.5 GB
- Operating system: Android
- Display: min. 8 inch, high resolution touchscreen
- Bluetooth: min. v4.0 (for communications with current meters)
Scope of Delivery
- Standard: tablet and software (optional: software without tablet)
- Not included: current meter counter (e.g. CMCbt, see below)
Bluetooth current meter counter that provides an interface between any rotating mechanical current meter and a user interface such as the HydroTab via bluetooth. Small, compact, simple, 100 % waterproof, self-calibrating.
The OSSB1 universal current meter is a world recognized instrument for measuring the velocity of water in open and closed channels. Made of high grade 316 stainless steel, it is suitable for the most extreme Environments.
The OSSPC1 miniature current meter is a world recognised instrument for measuring the velocity of water in shallow open and closed channels. Made of durable materials, the OSSPC1 is suitable for extreme environments.
The RB1 is a cuptype current meter. Its advanced contact switching system allows the measurement of water ﬂow in streams, open canals, pipes, and seas to a ﬁne degree of accuracy and repeatability.
Further equipment & tailor-made solutions
HyQuest Solutions’ wide portfolio of water ﬂow / discharge monitoring equipment ranges from actual measurement equipment (mechanical sensors, contact-free sensors) to deployment helps (winches, bridge cranes, outriggers) to towing systems and cable ways. Furthermore, HyQuest Solutions provides tailor-made solutions for speciﬁc water ﬂow monitoring applications using a combination of HyQuest Solutions’ products, 3rd party components, engineering know-how and hydrologic/hydrometric experience.
Please ask for details.